Integrated Advisory and Support
With its expertise spanning both the sustainability and finance sectors, CF Asia is able to offer a unique and bespoke service as a Sustainable Finance Integrated Advisor. We are committed to support, promote and assist in the development of sustainable finance in the region, whether this involves green, social and sustainability bonds and loans, financial institutions, equities, or assisting project owners to develop investor-facing standards for green and sustainable projects.
Solutions for Issuers
We help issuers to
- formulate a selection process with evaluation criteria for green and social projects
- establish management and control mechanisms for proceeds based on international standards
- evaluate potential environmental and social benefits
- conduct periodic reviews and compile performance reports
We help issuers to
- evaluate their green/social/sustainability Financing Framework
- verify their project against a designated set of criteria e.g. Climate Bonds Initiative standards
- conduct annual compliance reviews to ensure alignment with the green/social/sustainability Financing Framework
- conduct an external review of project impacts
As an Approved Verifier of the London-based Climate Bonds Initiative (CBI) under its Climate Bonds Standard & Certification Scheme, CF Asia is qualified to provide climate bond verification services throughout Asia and in the sectors of solar energy, wind energy, geothermal energy, low carbon buildings and water infrastructure. Our verification provides assessment of the eligibility and readiness of related projects at the pre-issuance stage, as well as assurance of the actual use of proceeds and internal systems and controls at the post-issuance stage.
Solutions for Investors
Sustainable finance is driven by investors, lenders and insurers who understand the financial advantages, market opportunities and reduced risks from climate-aware projects. Whether the investing is focused on equities, fixed income or specific projects, CF Asia can provide financial institutions with sustainable investment advisory in the Asian region to:
- develop investment strategies
- construct investment universes
- conduct portfolio analysis
- assess impacts and risk
CF Asia is among the few organizations in the sustainable finance arena who have developed criteria to evaluate potential green and social investments against the full range of ESG issues set out in the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). This helps to ensure green and social projects operate in a way which does not run counter to any of the SDG targets. We can assess whether the projects make a positive contribution to the environment, human development, good governance and equitable growth in line with the commitments made by national governments to the UN goals.
Indices & Screening
When creating sustainable financial indices, CF Asia aims to fill observed market gaps and enabling the growth of the sustainable finance market in Asia. CF Asia provides customized index solutions based on high-quality databases and proprietary methodologies. Each index is developed to tackle specific sustainability issues and uses screening and ranking to reward the best practitioners and to ensure high integrity.