Carbon Care Asia co-organised two seminars with ACCA on 4 December 2019 and 5 December 2019 to share with corporate representatives its insights and foresight related to ESG reporting.
The first seminar focused on the disclosure of climate-related issues and environmental KPIs, which was in response to the consultation paper issued by The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited (the ‘Exchange’) in May 2019.
Ms Chloe Mok, CCA Director of Sustainability Strategy, kicked started the seminar by stressing the importance of corporate initiatives to strengthen climate resilience capability and to enhance environmental performance. After that, Ms Yiki Cheng, CCA Sustainability Consultant, shared how companies could implement a systematic approach to identify and manage significant climate-related issues. Making use of CCA case studies, CCA Senior Sustainability Officer Ms Ida Huang illustrated the practical skills needed by companies to enhance the reporting quality of their environmental KPIs, including ways to establish a data management system and to set environmental targets.
In the second seminar, Ms Chloe Mok, CCA Director of Sustainability Strategy, turned her focus to the importance of synergizing between companies and stakeholders. After that, Ms Yiki Cheng, CCA Sustainability Consultant, explained the compliance updates on the latest consultation paper issued by The HK Exchange. Sharing followed, during which CCA Senior Sustainability Officer Ms Alice Lam used interactive examples to guide participants through the process of stakeholder engagement, identification of material issues, as well as the do’s and don’ts in the engagement process.
At the end of both sessions, the CCA team stressed the importance of ESG governance and encouraged issuers to move beyond compliance-level reporting to integrating ESG within the company’s core strategy.
- The first seminar was chaired by Mr Julian Leung, ACCA Committee Member and Co-chairman of Professional Development Sub-committee.
- Ms Chloe Mok, CCA Director of Sustainability Strategy, introduced CCA and its services.
- Ms Yiki Cheng, CCA Sustainability Consultant, shared her insights on how to assess and prioritize corporate’s climate-related risks.
- Ms Ida Huang, CCA Senior Sustainability Officer, pointed out common pitfalls and inadequacies in climate-related disclosures.
- CCA Director of Sustainability Strategy Ms Chloe Mok (2nd left ), Sustainability Consultant Ms Yiki Cheng (2nd right ) and Senior Sustainability Officer Ms Alice Lam (1st right ) received a souvenir from Mr Patrick Sung, ACCA Member of the Professional Development Sub-committee.
- Ms Alice Lam, CCA Senior Sustainability Officer, explained how to design a good stakeholder engagement plan step by step.
- Many ACCA members showed keen interest in the latest trend on ESG reporting.