CCA & BSI Joint Seminar on Carbon and Energy Management
In response to Hong Kong corporations’ rapidly rising concern and their needs for carbon reduction and energy efficiency enhancement, a second-round joint seminar on carbon and energy management was hosted by CCA and the British Standard Institute (BSI) on Nov 30, 2012. Over 30 senior business and sustainability executives from various sectors attended this informative half-day seminar, which encompassed the business and technical considerations for carbon and energy system management.
In the carbon management session, CCA Chief Executive Officer, Ir Albert Lai, gave a comprehensive presentation on the new trends in carbon markets, policies and legislations, as well as planning and the latest solutions in carbon management. Ir Stephen Yu, Client Manager cum Compliance & Risk Manager from BSI, talked about the concepts, implementation and verification of ISO 14064, from the technical aspect.
In the energy management session, Mr Wilfred Chan, BSI Asia Pacific Sustainability Portfolio Manager, shared his expertise in the international standard ISO 50001 Energy Management System and its implementation, which is one of the most important elements in building a low carbon economy. As an energy specialist, CCA Consultant Ir Kwok Tai Lee explained the benefits and best practices of energy audit in his presentation, with a view to help the audience achieve higher energy efficiency within their organizations.
An interactive panel discussion was also held after the presentations, during which the four speakers shared their valuable experiences with the seminar attendees.
- “Carbon Management – New Trends & New Reality” was the topic presented by CCA’s CEO Ir Albert Lai for the CCA-BSI joint seminar.
- Ir Stephen Yu, Client Manager cum Compliance & Risk Manager from BSI, shared his expert knowledge on ISO 14064.
- Mr Wilfred Chan, BSI Asia Pacific Sustainability Portfolio Manager, pointed out the importance of ISO 50001 Energy Management System in building a low carbon economy.
- CCA Consultant and energy specialist Ir Kwok Tai Lee explained the benefits and best practices of energy audit.
- The four speakers shared their experiences at the panel discussion and Q&A session.
- Over 30 senior business and sustainability executives from various sectors attended the half-day seminar.