Carbon Care Asia (CCA) was very pleased to co-host the “HKEx ESG Reporting Seminar” with Cre8*corp and PMM Media held on 22nd January, 2016. Over two dozens of senior executives representing large listed companies in Hong Kong have attended the seminar. CCA Board Chairman Mr Chong Chan Yau kick-started the exciting seminar by sharing his observations with the Hong Kong NGO Delegation to the UN Climate Change Conference (COP21) held in Paris in Dec, 2015. This was followed by an analysis on the implications of the Paris Agreement for the Hong Kong business community, and the new opportunities arising by CCA CEO Ir Albert Lai. Ms Chloe Mok, Senior Sustainability Consultant, explained CCA’s unique “smart compliance” approach to ESG Reporting under the new HKEx ESG Guide and offered practical tips to listed companies to avoid reporting pitfalls.
Mr Chong, Ir Lai and Ms Mok were joined by Mr Alford Cho, Managing Director of Cre8 (Greater China), at the Q&A session afterwards. Inspired by the multi-faceted questions submitted by the participants, the panelists shared their experiences on how to facilitate effective stakeholder engagements and produce creative design options for ESG Reports. The seminar has met with overwhelming positive feedback from the participants, as many participants saw new opportunities alongside the challenges facing companies in ESG reporting.
- CCA co-organized the “Partnering for ESG Reporting Solutions” Seminar with Cre8*corp and PMM Media.
- CCA Board Chairman Mr Chong Chan Yau shared his observations in joining the Hong Kong NGO & Social Business Delegation to the UN Climate Conference (COP21) held in Paris.
- CCA CEO Ir Albert Lai analysed to the audience the implications of the Paris Agreement for Hong Kong businesses.
- CCA Senior Sustainability Consultant Ms Chloe Mok offered guidance on the preparation of ESG Reports under CCA’s “Smart Compliance” framework.
- The panelists in Q&A session (from left to right): Mr Chong Chan Yau (CCA Board Chairman), Ir Albert Lai (CCA CEO), Mr Alford Cho (Cre8 Managing Director) and Ms Chloe Mok (CCA Senior Sustainability Consultant)