The first Briefing Session for CarbonCare® Label 2013, held on March 7, was met with enthusiastic response with a full house audience of nearly 100 participants. At the invitation of Intertek, an additional briefing on the application procedures and benefits of CarbonCare® Label 2013 was conducted at The Good Lab.
Nearly forty participants from government authorities, non-government organizations, universities, as well as various business sectors and social enterprises attended the additional briefing. The CCA presentations were again followed by personal sharing from Dr Shelley Zhou, Sustainability Manager of the Hong Kong Jockey Club, and Mr Harold Yip of SSID.
After the briefing session, Ms Ada Wong, director of the Good Lab, gave a brief introduction on this exciting hub for social entrepreneurs and change-makers. Participants were then offered a guided tour around the venue.
*For more details about CarbonCare® Label 2013 and its benefits, please refer to:
- CCA Executive Director Dr Trini Leung welcomed all guests and thanked our partners in her opening remarks at the Additional Briefing Session.
- CCA CEO Ir Albert Lai showed corporate representatives the historical background of civic support from Hong Kong to UN conferences on climate change and sustainability.
- CCA Senior Business Consultant Mr Timothy Fong explained the three basic procedures of MRO in achieving carbon management and registration of the CarbonCare® Label.
- Mr Harold Yip of SSID shared his experience on how an SME can benefit from the CarbonCare® Label in branding and business expansion.
- Dr Shelley Zhou, Sustainability Manager of the Hong Kong Jockey Club, pointed out the concrete benefits of the CarbonCare® Label to the Club in carbon management verification, energy savings and cultural change.
- CCA Chairman Mr Chong Chan Yau spoke on the missions and visions of the community to fight climate change.
- The CCA team addressing questions from attendees at the Q&A session.
- Ms Ada Wong, Director of The Good Lab, gave a brief introduction on this exciting hub for social entrepreneurs and change-makers.
- The CCA team with Dr KK Tse (left), Founder and CEO of Education for Good, and Mr John Sayer (2nd right), ex-Director General of Oxfam Hong Kong.
- CCA Senior Business Consultant Mr Timothy Fong pictured with Ir Chan Lik-sun (left) and Mr Ko Kwok-wai (right) from the Housing Department.
- CCA Director Ms Rosanna Wong pictured with Mr Kenneth Lai, Regional Ambassador (Asia) of LSE Alumni Association and Senior Advisor of LSE Enterprise.
- Dr Trini Leung pictured with Miss Anne Chan (left) from Varitronix Limited and Ms NC Kwong (right) from Amnesty International.
- Ir Albert Lai pictured with Miss Rebecca Fung from A-Fontane.
- Ir Albert Lai pictured with Mr Ricky Tsang (middle) from CaSO (HK) Engineering Co., Ltd. and Mr Athlon Chan (right) from Simple Group Limited.
- Mr Timothy Fong pictured with Mr Tse Ka Sing from The Chinese University of Hong Kong.