CCA was invited by the Hong Kong Jockey Club (HKJC) to host an one-hour session to spread the messages of sustainability and a low carbon lifestyle at the Club’s first-ever “Green Music Festival” held at the Shatin Racecourse on 19 January, 2013.
Supported by local green and community organisations, artists and performers, this event was the closing highlight of HKJC’s 2012 Green Action programme aiming to engage its 26,000 employees Club-wide in green living concepts through a diverse range of activities.
Speaking to thousands of HKJC staff members, their families and friends, CCA Chairman Mr Chong Chan Yau pointed out the environmental hazards arising from global climate change and that imminent actions were needed to mitigate its impacts. Pop singer Miss Eman Lam was invited to share her own experience in a special crossover with Mr Chong, after which she sang two Cantonese pop songs bearing relevant themes on the environment.
To help raise public awareness on carbon care issues, a major theme of the Green Music Festival, CCA also invited members of the audience to go on stage for an interactive quiz session. Questions on how to save energy, reduce waste and minimize one’s carbon footprint in everyday lives were asked. CCA t-shirts signed by both Mr Chong and Miss Lam were given to the participants as prizes.
- CCA Chairman Mr Chong Chan Yau (2nd row, 4th from right), CEO Mr Albert Lai and Director Ms Rosanna Wong (3rd row, 4th & 3rd from right) pictured with HKJC senior management, Legislative Councillor The Hon Cyd Ho and other guests at the Green Music Festival. (photo by courtesy of HKJC)
- Chairman of the Legislative Council’s Panel on Environmental Affairs, The Hon Cyd Ho, received 7 tonnes of carbon credit from Mr Winfried Engelbrecht-Bresges, CEO of the Hong Kong Jockey Club, to offset her personal carbon footprint. The credit, supplied by CCA, comes from a wind power project in China’s Jilin Province. (photo by courtesy of HKJC)
- CCA Chairman Mr Chong Chan Yau urged for urgent and concrete actions to tackle climate change.
- Pop singer Miss Eman Lam in a crossover with Mr Chong, sharing her own experience and views on how to lead a low carbon life.
- Mr Chong Chan Yau, Miss Eman Lam and CCA Senior Business Consultant Mr Timothy Fong (1st right) posed different questions on carbon reduction to the participants of the quiz.
- Mr Chong Chan Yau signed on CCA t-shirts before giving them away as prizes for quiz participants at the Green Music Festival.
- Mr Chong and Miss Lam pictured with quiz participants holding CCA t-shirts with their signature.
- Dr Shelley Zhou, Sustainability Manager of HKJC, helped Mr Chong Chan Yau to try his recycled paper folding skills at one of the game booths.
- The CCA team pictured with Miss Eman Lam at the Shatin Racecourse, venue of HKJC’s Green Music Festival.