To continue with its green engagement for staff after the official launch of the Green Gala in August, the Hong Kong Hospital Authority New Territories East Cluster (NTEC) organized a series of green activities supported by CCA.
Two “Upcycling Made Easy” workshops were held separately at Alice Ho Miu Ling Nethersole Hospital and at Shatin Hospital in October.
During the workshop, the participants learned about the concept and benefits of upcycling and used their creativity to turn recycled banners into unique coins bags for daily use. Through these upcycling workshops, participants became more aware of resource conservation and ways of leading a low carbon lifestyle.
- Workshop participants form Alice Ho Miu Ling Nethersole Hospital pictured with the instructor.
- Workshop participants from Shatin Hospital pictured with the instructor.
- CCA Senior Sustainability Consultant Miss Chloe Mok briefed workshop participants on what is upcycling.
- Ms Agnes Nong from Memories Factory taught participants how to create their own coins bag from a recycled banner.
- Participants enjoyed creating their own unique upcycled products at the workshop.
- Beautiful coins bags upcycled by workshop participants.
- Various upcycled exhibits were displayed at the workshop.