Following last year’s highly successful launch, Hong Kong Disneyland Resorts went on to hold its second signature park run on 16th and 17th Sept this year. “Marvel 10K Weekend 2017”, featuring runs of 10k, 5K, 3K and Kids Races, was highlighted with the appearance of various Marvel Comics super heroes.
Carbon Care Asia, following last year’s consultancy service to this special event, continues to provide its professional support this year. We offered carbon reduction advice to Hong Kong Disneyland Resort and suggested various environmental-friendly measures to be implemented on the day, including asking runners to bring their own water bottle and set up collection points for the recycling of plastics, paper packaging and other waste. Apart from providing carbon footprint measurement service, CCA was also asked to supply carbon offset to make the entire event carbon neutral. Hong Kong Disneyland has chosen carbon credits from the Guazhou Solar Power Project in Gansu Province, China to offset all event-related emissions, showing its care for the environment and the dedication to help combat climate change.
During this 2-day event, CCA also expanded its service by setting up a special information booth at the venue. Our team of sustainability consultants explained to the runners and members of the public about the impacts of climate change and how carbon offsets could contribute to carbon emissions reduction.
- Carbon Care Asia Board Chairman Mr Chong Chan Yau (4th right) pictured with officiating guest Mr Paul Chan (6th right), Financial Secretary, representatives of Hong Kong Disneyland Resort and event sponsors, and Marvel hero Captain America.
- A special information booth was set up and manned by the CCA sustainability team during “Marvel 10K Weekend 2017”.
- Even Spiderman cares about climate change and listens patiently to our Sustainability Consultant’s explanation of its impacts.
- Runners were interested to find out how carbon offsets could help to reduce carbon emissions.
- Plastic bottles were collected for recycling.
- Cups were collected for reuse after cleaning.
- CCA Board Chairman Mr Chong Chan Yau in an interview conducted by the public relations team of Hong Kong Disneyland Resort.