Carbon Care Asia is delighted to partner with KIOSK this year in its “KIOSK Clean Hong Kong Beach Day 2014”. As Low Carbon Partner, CCA helped to measure, reduce and offset the event’s carbon emissions and make it carbon neutral.
“KIOSK Clean Hong Kong Beach Day 2014” was a fund-raising event for the Hong Kong Society for the Blind held on 8 Nov, 2014 at Angler Beach. It aimed to bring together the visually impaired and their families, students and volunteers to bring back beautiful beaches to Hong Kong. The event was attended by 80 volunteers and 30 visually-impaired persons, who worked in groups to clean up the Angler Beach and separated the trash collected. Environmental protection and carbon reduction were both achieved.
(Photos by courtesy of KIOSK)
- CCA Sustainability Consultant Miss Xing Lan (1st left) pictured with the organizer KIOSK and other supporting organizations.
- Volunteers received appreciation certificates from the organizer KIOSK.
- Volunteers worked in groups to pick up pieces of harmful trash from the beach.
- With CCA’s advice, the organizer encouraged the participants to bring their own bottles for water refill instead of offering bottled water.
- Participants posing for the camera at the beautiful beach after the cleanup.