Following the enthusiastic response to the CarbonCare® Label last year, this year’s CarbonCare® Label is now open for application and renewal by all companies and non-government organizations on or before 26th Sept 2014. The first label briefing session cum ESG Report Seminar was held on 15th July 2014 to explain the Label and its benefits, as well as its relevance to the compliance of ESG reporting as set out in the Hong Kong Stock Exchange Guidelines.
Nearly 70 participants were attracted to this briefing session from government departments, statutory bodies, non-government organizations, as well as various business sectors including construction companies, entertainment industries, public transport, hotels, environmental technologies, consultancies and utilities companies. The briefing was held at the Happy Valley Stand, thanks to the venue sponsorship by The Hong Kong Jockey Club.
In his opening remarks, CCA Chairman Mr Chong Chan Yau spoke on the policy drivers and profitability of CarbonCare® Labeling. Chief Executive Officer, Ir Albert Lai, gave a comprehensive review on the essential elements needed to compile ESG reports in compliance to the newly set out guidelines by the Hong Kong Stock Exchange to listed companies in Hong Kong. Some outstanding examples of corporate innovations in sustainability from overseas were also cited by Albert to show that Hong Kong corporations too can seek opportunities from risks and launch new operation modes or products and services.
CCA Senior Sustainability Consultant, Miss Chloe Mok, gave a detailed presentation on the schedule and procedures of applying / renewing for CarbonCare® Label 2014. She also explained the special media publicity package developed in partnership with the Hong Kong Economic Journal for all awardees of CarbonCare® Label 2014.
In the sharing session, three awardees of CarbonCare® Label 2013 spoke about the sustainability benefits they have achieved after attaining the CarbonCare® Label. Cre8Plus was represented by Mr Samson Tong, Regional Director-Branding & Business, Easy Organic Farming Ltd was represented by Mr Mawin Cheung, CEO, and Master Crown International Ltd was represented by Mr Kaya Mak, Operation Executive. Based on their own corporate experience, the three guests reflected on how CarbonCare® labeling has enhanced their corporate image and expanded their customer networks.
A second briefing session on the same subject will be held on Wednesday, 27 Aug 2014 at the KPMG Office in Central. Registration by organization representatives can be done either online or by calling CCA office on 2541 5020.
*For more details about CarbonCare® Label 2014 and its benefits, please refer to:
- Representatives from various organizations and enterprises of different sectors attended the first CarbonCare® Label 2014 Briefing Session cum ESG Report Seminar.
- CCA Chairman Mr Chong Chan Yau welcomed all guests and spoke on the policy drivers and profitability of CarbonCare® Labeling.
- CCA CEO Ir Albert Lai explained to the audience what essential elements are to be included in an ESG report.
- CCA Senior Sustainability Consultant Miss Chloe Mok explained how the CarbonCare® labeling scheme works and the label application or renewal procedures.
- Mr Samson Tong, Regional Director-Branding & Business of Cre8Plus, shared his experience of promoting a low carbon office both within the group and amongst its clients.
- Mr Mawin Cheung, CEO of Easy Organic Farming Ltd, said his business network in urban farming has expanded after attaining the CarbonCare® Label.
- Mr Kaya Mak, Operation Executive of Master Crown International Ltd, told the audience how low carbon operation has helped the company save and recycle more of its resources and products.
- The CCA team and three sharing guests pictured at the Q&A panel.
- A question from the audience during the Q&A session.
- Another member of the audience was concerned about whether an organization can claim itself to be ‘zero carbon’.