To help combat climate change and take its green culture to a new milestone, the Hong Kong Hospital Authority New Territories East Cluster (NTEC) has decided to organize a Green Gala this summer. Through a series of green engagement activities, the NTEC Green Gala hopes to raise the awareness amongst its staff in carbon reduction.
Carbon Care Asia is honoured to have been invited to give full support to this campaign, offering strategic advice and execution assistance to the NTEC management. The Green Gala was kicked off on 1 Aug, 2014 in a “Green Ceremony”, attended by all members of the NTEC senior management. Ms Vivian Yip, programme host of RTHK, was specially invited to be the MC of the ceremony.
During the Ceremony, Dr Hung Ch Tim, Cluster Chief Executive of NTEC, signed on the “New Territories East Cluster Policy Statement for Green and Energy Management” to pledge the Cluster’s commitment to effective green and energy management, as well as environmental protection. This was followed by individual signing by each member of the NTEC senior management, to signify their joint efforts in carbon reduction. To put the Charter into practice and build a green NTEC, Green Managers were specially appointed by each of the Cluster’s seven hospitals.
CCA Board Chairman Mr Chong Chan Yau gave a special talk to the audience after the signing ceremony. He explained and shared the tips of how to lead a low carbon lifestyle and encouraged the NTEC staff to contribute to alleviate the impacts of climate change. Mr Chong’s sharing was followed by a quiz, which received enthusiastic response from the audience.
To make the Green Ceremony a carbon neutral event, CCA also provided services in carbon audit, carbon reduction advice and the purchase of carbon offsets for NTEC.
“Green NTEC Thrives on Low Carbon” is the slogan for this summer’s Green Gala. CCA will help arrange different kinds of green engagement activities in the days to come for all NTEC staff to participate and experience a low carbon lifestyle. These activities will include “urban organic farming workshops”, “upcycling workshops” and “share-economy bazaars”.
- CCA Director Ms Rosanna Wong and Board Chairman Mr Chong Chan Yau (4th & 5th left) pictured with senior management form the Hospital Authority New Territories East Cluster (NTEC) and Mr Mawin Cheung (2nd left), CEO of Easy Organic Farming Ltd, at the Green Ceremony of the NTEC Green Gala held on 1 Aug, 2014.
- Ms Vivian Yip, programme host of RTHK, was specially invited to act as the MC for the Green Ceremony.
- Members of the NTEC senior management watered the small plants on the backdrop together, symbolizing their hope for a sturdy growth of the green campaign.
- Dr Hung Chi Tim, Cluster Chief Executive, New Territories East of the Hospital Authority, put his signature on the “New Territories East Cluster Policy Statement for Green and Energy Management”.
- Members of the NTEC senior management signed on the “New Territories East Cluster Charter for Green and Energy Management” one by one to demonstrate the Cluster’s determination to join hands in promoting carbon reduction.
- To put the Charter into practice and build a green NTEC, Green Managers were specially appointed by each of the Cluster’s seven hospitals.
- CCA Board Chairman Mr Chong Chan Yau presented the Carbon Neutral Event Certificate to Dr Hung Chi Tim, NTEC’s Cluster Chief Executive.
- CCA Director Ms Rosanna Wong pictured with Mr Chong and Dr Hung after presenting the Carbon Offset Certificate to Dr Hung.
- In his talk to NTEC staff, Mr Chong Chan Yau shared the tips of how to lead a low carbon lifestyle and encouraged everybody to help alleviate the impacts of climate change.
- A quiz was organized after the talk, which received enthusiastic response from the NTEC staff.
- Those who came up with the right answers to the quiz were rewarded with ready-to-grow pots of organic herbs from Easy Organic Farming Ltd.